Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Famous Amos


Can't you just taste the beard hair?
I have always been a fan of Famous Amos cookies. They are small, crunchy and delicious. I can't aruge that Amos (above) wasn't a genius. The man was. He knew people loved potato chips a lot more than they loved biting into a whole potato (which is still crunchy, but not nearly as good) and when he saw how successfulyl potato chips were he said "Why not I, Amos, inventer of all things good and right in the world! Why not I as well?!?! INDEED!!!". Seventeen years later mini cookies were born. Delicious miniatures. The year was 1975. Larry Bird was tearing it up in French Lick Indiana, Howard Hughes was crazy as a loon and the Archduke Franz Ferdinand had not yet been reanimated. What a generation.
Some say I live in a dream world. I hope that one day kids can eat even smaller Famous Amos style cookies in the form of a breakfast cereal. That we will have drugs for hair rejuvenation and drugs that can turn people into trees. I hope that one day people stop claiming to be Sean Fanning when they aren't.
Famous Amos was a visionary. That guy essentially built the atomic bomb of cookies. Once it was made there was no going back. This is the really real world.

1 comment:

Willet said...

you don't remember cookie crisp cereal? that was famous amos in a bowl with milk.

I personall prefer chew chips ahoy to any other cookie